Watford City Fundraiser
There will be a fundraiser for folks that lost everything in the EF-2 tornado that touched down shortly after midnight on Tuesday July 10. Our friends at All Season Sport About are making T-shirts we will be selling for this effort. They're white with (wolves) maroon graphic! $20 MINIMUM DONATION PLEASE. The event starts at 11am and ends at 3pm.
Anything is appreciated! Checks can be made out to Watford City Disaster Fund.
Human Services Resources for People Affected by Tornado in Watford City
The North Dakota Department of Human Services and our partners in North Dakota’s human service system can assist individuals who need help addressing stress, anxiety and depression in healthy ways, or who may need assistance with food, child care costs, health care coverage, and other human service needs.
· Crisis Help – If you are in crisis, call our confidential crisis lines 24-hours per day, seven days a week or go to a regional human service center during business hours for immediate help.
· Open Access (walk-in) behavioral health assessments – Walk-in during Open Access hours for mental health and substance use disorder assessment and triage services and get connected to help right away if needed.
· Substance Use Disorder Voucher Program – Get help with cost of addiction treatment and recovery services from participating providers if you qualify.
· Economic Assistance Programs – Contact the McKenzie County Social Service Office or go online at to apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, Child Care Assistance and access other social services help.
Find Help Now:
McKenzie County Social Services Board
Location: 201 Fifth St. N.W., Suite 790, Watford City, ND 58854
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Phone: 701 444-3661
Williston Region – Northwest Human Service Center
Serving the residents of Divide, McKenzie and Williams counties
Location: 316 Second Ave. W., Williston, N.D. 58802-1266
Crisis Line: 701-572-9111 or toll-free 800-231-7724
Open Access (walk-in) Assessment Hours: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 8-9:30 a.m.
Telephone/TTY: 701-774-4600, toll-free 1-800-231-7724, TTY 701-774-4692
Minot Region – North Central Human Service Center
Serving Bottineau, Burke, McHenry, Mountrail, Pierce, Renville and Ward counties
Location: 400 22nd Ave. N.W., Minot, N.D. 58703-1089
Crisis Line: 701-857-8500 or toll-free 1-888-470-6968
Open Access (walk-in) Assessment Hours: Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs. 8-10:30 a.m.
Telephone/TTY: 701-857-8500, toll-free 888-470-6968, TTY 701-857-8666
Serving Adams, Billings, Bowman, Dunn, Golden Valley, Hettinger, Slope, and Stark counties
Location: 300 13th Ave. W., Suite 1, Dickinson, N.D. 58601
Crisis Line: 701-290-5719
Open Access (walk-in) Assessment Hours: Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs. 8-9:30 a.m. MT
Telephone/TTY: 701-227-7500, toll-free: 1-888-227-7525, TTY 701-227-7574
Bismarck Region – West Central Human Service Center
Serving Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan, and Sioux counties
Location: 1237 W. Divide Ave., Suite 5, Bismarck, N.D. 58501-1208
Crisis Line: 701-328-8899 or toll-free 1-888-328-2112
Open Access (walk-in) Assessment Hours: Mon. & Thurs. 8-10:30 a.m.; Tues. & Wed. noon-2:30 p.m.
Telephone/TTY: 701-328-8888, toll-free: 1-888-328-2662, TTY 1-800-366-6888 (Relay ND)
See Other Resources on Page 2 →
Other Helpful Resources:
Economic Assistance Programs
Can help qualifying individuals and families with food, home heating, cooling assistance, child care costs and health care coverage programs. Some programs have asset limits.
· Apply online at , or visit a county social service office. County office location and contact information is online at .
Substance Use Disorder Voucher Program
Receive financial help to access substance use disorder treatment and recovery services from participating providers if you qualify.
· General Information is online at .
· List of Participating Providers (Bismarck, Fargo, Jamestown and Minot) is online at .
· Questions? Contact the Behavioral Health Division at 701-328-8920 or .
Provides information online or by phone about helpful community and volunteer health and human services resources.
· FirstLink database of nonprofit agencies, health and human services agencies, and government resources: ()
· Call the 2-1-1 Helpline for confidential listening and support, information, and referral to address health and human services needs.
Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK)
Talk to someone. With help comes hope. Call anytime.
Is an online resource offering information parents can use to support children affected by the disaster. See examples.
· Identifying Signs of Stress in Your Children and Teens
· Maintaining Healthy Levels of Stress in Your Children
· Eight Dimensions of Wellness
· Building Resiliency
· Tips for Successful Communication
For more information about recovery resources, including help available from other agencies and programs, visit .
North Dakota Department of Human Services
600 E. Boulevard Ave, Dept. 325, Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
701-328-2310 or toll-free 800-472-2622
Fax: 701-328-2359 / TTY 800-366-6889 (ND Relay)
Video courtesy of Hartel Reclamation, Inc.