Date: September 15, 2016
Agency: Morton County Sheriff's Department
Contact: Morton County PIO (701) 426-1587
Mandan, N.D. - Authorities have charged eight individuals for their involvement in illegal protest activities on September 14th, 2016. Officers were dispatched around 8:00 a.m. to a Dakota Access Pipeline construction site for a report of protestors in the worksite. The site is located on private property near New Salem in Morton County.
Nicholas Tilsen, Wanikiyewin Loud Hawk and Daniel Tseleie were arrested for felony Reckless Endangerment for attaching themselves to construction equipment using a “steel or sleeping dragon” device. Law enforcement were forced to remove the device endangering responders due to the dangerous conditions.
Five others were arrested for their involvement in the unlawful protest activities. Below are the names and criminal charges of those arrested in the 9/14/16 event.
- Nicholas Tilsen, 34 yr. from SD – Reckless Endangerment, Criminal Trespass, Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Government Function
- Wanikiyewin Loud Hawk, 32 yr. from SD – Reckless Endangerment, Criminal Trespass, Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Government Function
- Daniel Tseleie, 34 yr. from Canada – Reckless Endangerment, Criminal Trespass, Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Government Function
- Zenas Bizahaloni, 37 yr. from AZ – Criminal Trespass, Disorderly Conduct
- Morgun Frejo, 23 yr. from VA – Conspiracy to Commit Reckless Endangerment, Criminal Trespass, Disorderly Conduct, Conspiracy to commit Obstruction of Government Function.
- Marcus Frejo, 38 yr. from OK – Conspiracy to Commit Reckless Endangerment, Criminal Trespass – 2nd offense, Disorderly Conduct, Conspiracy to Commit Obstruction of Government Function.
- Heather Horsefall Milton, 38 yr. from Canada – Conspiracy to Commit Obstruction of Government Function, Criminal Trespass
- Kaden Walksnice, 23 yr. from MT – Criminal Trespass, Disorderly Conduct
In addition, the Morton County State’s Attorney’s office has filed charges against four individuals for their role in a protest on September 3rd, 2016. Elliot New Holy, Jr., Greg Grey Cloud, Mason Redwing and Marcus Frejo are charged with Criminal Trespass. According to the affidavit investigators connected all four men to being on private property halting Dakota Access Pipeline work. Frejo was arrested Wednesday 9/14 for his involvement in the illegal protest activity on that day. Warrants have been issued for the other three individuals.
As of 9/15 a total of 69 individuals have been arrested for illegal protest activities.