Staying knowledgeable about flood hazards no matter where you live, is an important part of staying safe. Families who live in low-lying areas, near water or downstream from a dam, must pay special attention as flood events may be more common in these areas.
National Weather Services Resources
The National Weather Service issues flood updates on a continual basis. You can enter your zip code on their website to find the most current forecast for your area. Below are links to the current outlooks for North Dakota:
- Western North Dakota Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
- Eastern North Dakota Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
- Missouri and James River basins Spring 2017 Flood Outlook
- Souris (Mouse) River basin Spring 2017 Flood Outlook
- Red River basin Spring 2017 Flood Outlook
- National Weather Service Gauge Map
United States Geological Survey (USGS) & Other Real-Time Resources
The following websites provide real-time information related to flood and high flow conditions throughout North Dakota.
- Devils Lake Basin
- Missouri River Basin
- Mouse River Basin (ND)
- Mouse River Basin (SK & ND)
- Red River Basin
- USGS North Dakota Flood Information
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Resources for the media and general public pertaining to information about flooding risk and the National Flood Insurance Program.
Below, you will find links to additional resources to help you stay informed about potential flooding.