Four eligible types of businesses which are covered in this act are:
- A small business, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, veteran's organization, or Tribal business which employs:
- not more than 500 employees;
- if applicable, the size standard in number of employees established by the Small Business Administration for the industry in which the business concern, nonprofit organization, veteran's organization, or tribal business concern operates.
- Sole proprietorship, or independent contractor and eligible self-employed individuals;
- business with more than one physical location but meeting certain given conditions;
- business operating under affiliated rules e.g. a business operating as a franchise.