Record setting snowfall has North Dakota poised for flooding in areas across the state in 2017. Floods are one of the most common hazards in the U.S.. Flood effects can impact a neighborhood or community, or affect entire river basins and multiple states.
Staying knowledgeable about flood hazards no matter where you live, is an important part of staying safe. Families who live in in a low-lying areas, near water or downstream from a dam, must pay special attention as flood events may be more common in these areas.
The latest projection is out for the Cannonball River at Breien. Estimated to be at 7.5 feet by Thursday evening. See more here: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=bis&gage=bren8
Below, you will find links to additional resources to help you stay informed about potential flooding.
- North Dakota Department of Transportation - Travel Map
- North Dakota Department of Transportation - Travel Alerts
- North Dakota Department of Emergency Service - Flood Preparedness
- North Dakota Insurance Department - Flood Insurance
- North Dakota National Guard